The course aims to provide students a holistic overview of the international air travel industry. They will develop knowledge and understanding of the scale of the international air travel or aviation industry and the role of organisations within the industry, including travel companies, airlines and airports.
Students will learn the operating characteristics of different commercial airlines as well as airports. It will also examine the inter-relationship amongst the organisations within the industry and how regulatory bodies, trade associations and ancillary organisations support this to form an aviation system that is safe, secure and seamless for users.
The International Air Travel Industry course has been designed to provide general knowledge of the international air travel industry. It prepares students the prerequisite knowledge of the travel and tourism, as well as the aviation sectors to joining the industry.
Upon completion of the course, the learners should be able to:
1. Describe the scale of the aviation industry and how it contributes to the global economy
2. Outline the operating characteristics of commercial airlines
3. Explain different types of airport, their ownership and characteristics
4. Describe how regulatory bodies, trade associations and ancillary organizations support the aviation industry
- Minimum Age: 16
- Academic Requirement: Complete secondary school education or its equivalent.
Mode of Delivery
- Complete secondary school education or its equivalent.
The learning outcomes will be assessed in two forms:
- Online Participative Quiz (20%)
- Project: Individual/Group (30%)
- Final Assessment (50%)
This is not a pathway programme.
- Full-time: 40 hours (10 or 14 lessons over 2 months)
- Part-time: 40 hours (10 or 14 lessons over 2 months)
Next Available Intake(s)
- February, June, August, October
- Overview of the airline industry and its regulatory bodies
- Economic and social impacts of the air travel industry
- Introduction to the different types of airplane and the leading aircraft manufacturers
- The types of personnel that work at an airport
- The role of training within the airlines to address security and safety measures
|Course Fees||$80/pair ($85.60 w GST)|
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST)
- Local Applicant: Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
- International Applicant: International students including international students transferring from other local institutes
Register for Course
Submit the following documents and email to email@example.com
- Completed Application Form
- Preferred Start-of-Course Date