This course is a Japanese language proficiency course aligning at the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) N4 Level, for learners from diverse language and culture backgrounds and who have little or no exposure to the Japanese language.
It also provides the learners with an option to enrol in the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT).
This course aims to develop students with the ability to understand basic Japanese to able to:
- Read and Understand passage on familiar daily topics written in basic vocabulary and kanji.
- Write hiragana, katakana and some kanji.
- Listen and comprehend conversations encountered in daily life and generally follow their contents, if they are spoken slowly.
- SISH Institute
- Minimum Age: 13 Year Old
- No prerequisite Japanese Language required
- Completed at least Primary school education or equivalent
Mode of Delivery
- Delivers through classroom teaching, games, role plays, songs, pair work or group discussions and presentations.
The learning outcomes will be assessed in two forms:
- Progressive formative assessment
- End of Term Proficiency assessment
- Obtained a minimum of overall C-grade from the assessment
- Full Time: 6 months
- 15 hours (3 hours x 5 days) per week over a period of 24 weeks
- the full-time course will have a term-break between two terms (108 hours per term)
- Part-Time: 6 months
- 9 hours (3 hours x 3 days) a week over 24 weeks
- There is no term break for the part-time course.
Maximum Candidature Period
- Not applicable
Next available intake(s)
- January and June
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||$108||$355
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST)
- Local Applicant: Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
- International Applicant: International students including international students transferring from other local institutes