The Certificate in Academic English (Elementary) is designed for students with no knowledge of English. It prepares students in acquiring the basic fundamental English proficiency to prepare them for academic progression.
Upon successful completion of this course, students would have attained a level of English equivalent to IELTS 3.
- SISH Institute
- Minimum Age: 12 Year Old
- Attainment of IELTS 1 or equivalent
- Completed at least Primary 6 or equivalent
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom-based Lectures, pair work, group work, discussion, field trips and tests.
Students are graded upon the skills of: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
- Obtained a minimum passing mark of 60% of the assessment
- Full Time: 6-months
- Part-Time: Nil
Maximum Candidature Period
- Full-time: 18 months
Next available intake(s)
- The intake for this program is currently not available. Kindly contact the school for more information
The module is designed to help students communicate effectively and confidently in English by developing the students’ reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
This module is designed to develop students’ confident to interact in a simple way, read and understand short texts on familiar topics and write short simple phrases and sentences.
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||$108||$355
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST)
- Local Applicant: Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
- International Applicant: International students including international students transferring from other local institutes