This Certificate in English Communication Level 1 is designed for both adults and school-aged students (local and foreign) with minimum knowledge on the use of English.
The areas of focus in this course are:
- Understand and respond to simple questions about yourself and your life.
- Understand simple conversations.
- Understand English spoken by native speakers at slower than normal speed.
- Read and understand simple articles and public notices.
- Speak clearly but slowly so that others understand you.
- Ask for help when you don’t understand and maintain a basic conversation with some difficulty.
- Write simple instructions or message.
Upon successful completion of this course, students would have attained a level of English equivalent to IELTS 1.
- SISH Institute
- Minimum Age: Seventeen (17) Year Old
- Academic Requirements: Obtained an overall pass in GCE O level (3 subjects) , or senior middle school, or Grade 12, or equivalent
- English Language Proficiency: Possess basic oral and literacy skills, verified through SDH English Proficiency Test for Entry Level
- Work experience: Not applicable
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom teaching, pair work, group work, discussion and tests.
Students are graded upon the skills of: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
- Obtained a minimum passing mark of 60% of all modules.
- Full Time: 6-months
- Part-Time: Nil
Maximum Candidature Period
- Full-time: 18 months
Next available intake(s)
- The intake for this program is currently not available. Kindly contact the school for more information.
The module is designed to help students communicate effectively and confidently in English by developing the students’ reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
This module is designed to develop students’ confident to interact in a simple way, read and understand short texts on familiar topics and write short simple phrases and sentences.
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||$108||$355
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST)
- Local Applicant: Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
- International Applicant: International students including international students transferring from other local institutes