This English language proficiency course is designed as a bite sized component of a range of courses, aligning to Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) A1 Lower and International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Band 3. It is for learners from diverse language and culture backgrounds, who have little or no exposure to the English language.
This course aims to develop learners with the ability to understand basic English using familiar everyday expressions and participate in simple social conversations in familiar situations.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
Use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a given context.
Introduce him/herself and others of a given context.
Ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has of a given context.
Interact in a simple way with the help from the other person that talks slowly and clearly.
- Minimum Age: 13
- Language Requirement: No prerequisite English language required
- Academic Requirement: Complete primary school education or its equivalent.
Mode of Delivery
- Blended with E-Learning
The learning outcomes will be assessed in two forms:
- Formative Test: Internal Progression Test (60 %)
- Summative (End of Course Final Proficiency Assessment) (40%)
This is not a pathway programme.
- Full-time: 45 hours
- Part-time: 45 hours
Next Available Intake(s)
- Monthly Intake
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST)
- International Applicant: International students including international students transferring from other local institutes
Register for Course
Submit the following documents and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed Application Form (Click here to download the application form)
- Preferred Start-of-Course Date