SISH Institute’s Post Graduate Diploma Programmes are for individuals who want to acquire the specialised knowledge and qualifications required to explore and enter into a different industry, or for existing professionals who aspire to career progression.
Students will learn from a network of established industry practitioners; this will enable them to have an extra edge in securing fruitful employment and build their careers upon graduation. Students will gain a solid understanding of the business and management aspects of the industry from the course major selected.
This course is restructured as a “bridging programme” for a subsequent higher-level course. Upon completion of this programme, students will proceed to take up the course for an MBA degree of whichever university would accept them.
Hence, students, on top of meeting the requisite admission criteria, must have explicit intention to progress to the MBA course before they are formally admitted into this course.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate and contrast relevant operational principles in various types of organisations
- Research, organise and critically analyse information for the further application or dissemination
- Identify real-world problems drawn from the business and management aspects of the industry from the course major selected by: ranking central issues, generating alternative solutions, offering persuasive reasons and evidence
- Devise and attain appropriate goals through organising, motivating, coordinating and cooperating with peers
- SISH Institute
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Major in Healthcare Management)
|Attainment of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
Obtained a Bachelor Degree in any field or equivalent
Applicants with the minimum age of 30, who do not possess the above qualifications but have a minimum of 8 years of working experience, may be considered for entry into this course. Evidence of previous employment will need to be provided as well as a reference from the current/most recent employer (on letter-headed paper)
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom-based facilitation and blended with the mode of deliveries that may consist of group discussions, case analysis, demonstration workshops, role-plays, individual and group tutorials.
- Blended assessment components, including formative activities, projects and written examinations.
- Attain a minimum pass with ‘C’ grade in all the required modules that include 4 core modules and 2 elective modules.
- This is not a pathway programme
- Full-time: 6 months
- Part-time: 9 months
Next available intake(s)
- The intake for this program is every two (2) months (January, March, May, July, September, November)
The module is designed to provide the learners with the opportunity to be familiar with all the components of the marketing mix. They will be exposed to discussions that could develop skills to craft marketing strategies and prepare them to complete marketing plans for companies in different sectors, environments and situations, in accordance with their global policies and strategies.
The module is designed to enable potential managers to review the creation of financial statements (accounting cycle) and then learn about users and providers of management accounting information. Learners also learn internal accounting terms and procedures; use of accounting data in planning, control and performance evaluation; assumptions and limitations of conventional accounting measurements.
The module is designed to equip learners with the abilities and skills to adapt and manage an increasingly diverse human resource, and in a competitive business environment. The areas include diversity management; job analysis and job design; human resource planning; and recruiting, screening and selection of candidates; interviewing candidates; orientation, training and development; compensation, incentives and benefits; evaluating and appraising employee performance; and organizational culture and cross-cultural issues.
The module is designed to present the nature and purpose of strategic management from local and global perspectives, strategic management models, strategy formulation, external environmental analysis, internal environmental analysis and evaluation, competing in the global marketplace, strategy implementation, strategy monitoring through balanced scorecards, issues related to the organization’s functional areas in relation to the corporate business strategy, strategy review, evaluation and control, as well as corporate social responsibilities of companies that implement an integrative corporate strategy.
This module is designed to provide exposure for learners to the principles, methods, and processes in healthcare operations. The protracted period of the coronavirus crisis has place healthcare operations and healthcare management in the limelight as perhaps the most important discipline as it is a matter of life and death for many individuals around the world. Healthcare workers who are at the frontlines of the battle for life need managers and operators who can facilitate the balance between patients’ survival and streamlined medical provision. It explores the challenges that managers encounter in healthcare facilities, with staff who themselves are physically and emotionally battered daily, address the rising standards in communications, technologies, and demanding regulations. It also covers managing risks and the management of the supply chain.
This module is designed to provide exposure for the learners to focus on improving the standards of hygiene and safety in healthcare services. Healthcare quality standards cannot be compromised for obvious reasons, i.e., human lives are at stake. Thus, the quality of healthcare ought to be maintained all the time while healthcare managers seek ways to continually improve. It covers the alternatives in healthcare improvement, challenges in the safety of patients, strategies to lead healthcare quality assurance, techniques in solving healthcare quality issues, and compliance to healthcare quality regulations and global practice.
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)
Register for Course
Submit the following documents and email to email@example.com
- Completed Application Form
- Preferred Start-of-Course Date
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST)
- Local Applicant: Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
- International Applicant: International students including international students transferring from other local institutes