This English language proficiency course is designed as a bite sized component of a range of courses, aligning to Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) A2 Upper and International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Band 4.
It is for learners from diverse language and culture backgrounds, who have exposure to basic English language with the ability to covey in simple social English conversions in familiar situations. It also provides the learners with an option to enrol in the CEFR or IELTS Proficiency Test.
This course aims to develop learners with the ability to convey and understand basic social English conversations using everyday expressions in familiar situations and the areas of immediate need.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
Understand sentences and frequently use expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance.
Communicate and convey simple and routine tasks in familiar situations.
Describe in simple terms aspects of his or her background and contexts in areas of immediate need.
- Minimum Age: 13
- Language Requirement: No prerequisite English language required
- Academic Requirement: Complete primary school education or its equivalent.
Mode of Delivery
- Blended with E-Learning
The learning outcomes will be assessed in two forms:
- Formative Test: Internal Progression Test (60 %)
- Summative (End of Course Final Proficiency Assessment) (40%)
This is not a pathway programme.
- Full-time: 45 hours
- Part-time: 45 hours
Next Available Intake(s)
- Monthly Intake
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST)
- International Applicant: International students including international students transferring from other local institutes
Register for Course
Submit the following documents and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed Application Form (Click here to download the application form)
- Preferred Start-of-Course Date